Friday, July 27, 2007

There is something about those eyes that touched me deeply. It has been said that the eyes are the windows to the soul, and I wonder if dogs have souls too, like us. Because when I look deep into their eyes, I see love emanating from them, in its purest form.

A furry face stretched into a doggy smile greeted me when I opened my eyes this morning. Miko placed both her paws on the side of my bed and licked my hand, before bounding out of the room. It was a simple gesture of love, but yet it was the simplicity that struck me most.

I have been spending time playing the piano when I can, it is like rediscovering my second love all over again. The sheer joy of indulging your time in doing something that you love gives meaning to my leave. Which is the reason why my first love will define my life in the next part of the journey that is to come.

It is a path that I choose because it is the only one that brings meaning and drive into my life. Come what may, the outcome remains to be seen. No one knows what will happen in the future because everything changes, so the only thing we can hold on to, is faith. I will leave it in the Lord's hands and give it my best effort, and everything else will fall into place, in His time.

It is really, the simplest of things that bring a glow of happiness to my face. Fleeting moments of joy and the dearest of memories that I hold on tightly to. Because in the deepest of disappointments and hurt that I have experienced, they warm the heart that has already begun to turn cold...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vanessa,
Apology for my rude intrusion, I just strumbled upon your blog. Thought I leave a word of encouragement, my 2 cents worth. I totally agree that it's not the big things you have that makes you happy but the little ones that makes you blessed and encourage. Keep on holding on to this gem that you have. It is one true trait that makes you genuine and real as this is not a sign of weakness but enormous strength. I feel that in the midst of encouraging you, I'm too the same. Cheers - MT Solarium Madness