Saturday, August 14, 2010

I happened to chance upon a couple of blogs written by cabin crew of the airline I used to work for... and spent the next one hour reading quite a few entries.

I found myself spending a little more time reading the blog of a stewardess who joined the same year I left the airline. Her entries struck a chord with me and I was reminded of myself when I worked as a stewardess for 4 years. I could relate to her thoughts and feelings and in hindsight, though it had been an interesting experience, I really do not miss the identity and the job at all. However, I am still thankful for the opportunity and how it changed me as a person.

What we choose to do for a living can really impact our personal lives and in many cases, our jobs become an occupational hazard. I was reminded of the private pain and struggles that I used to have and I hope, with all my heart, that I would be spared from all of that now.

I am just glad I will get to come home everyday, albeit at odd hours. It is not going to be easy to balance my work and personal life but I am going to try my very best.

No comments: