Friday, November 05, 2010

The mornings, when I wake up, are the worst, so much so that I dread the moment I rouse from slumber. My energy has ebbed away to near nothingness and I am listless. I cannot remember when was the last time I felt this weak and I realized, that I am not as tough and strong as I thought I was.

The questions that were pounding my mind continue to haunt me and all I want to do is to pick up my phone and resolve everything and put an end to my torment, but it will only serve to destroy what little hope that is left.

It is ironic that the traits that have gotten me through in life, have turned out to be a double-edged sword and a fatal flaw, even when I really give it my best and have never taken anything for granted. Why?

Perhaps, for the first time in my life, my capacity to give and my feelings know no bounds and now, I understand the true meaning of the word unconditional.

The little girl in me weeps.

No comments: