Sunday, March 11, 2007

I had a sudden whim so to do something different for a change so when one of my friends asked if I was interested to go trekking, I said yes. That was how I ended up spending my whole Sunday afternoon trekking from Bukit Panjang, through Bukit Timah Hill and finally ending up at MacRitchie.

The four of us endured slightly over 6 hours of physical punishment, carrying a heavy load and toiling under the relentless sun and making our way up and down the steep and uneven terrain of the trails.

No lah, it is not that bad really. In fact, it may very well be my new hobby in the months to come. I think I have become quite accustomed to pushing myself physically. The thing that hurt me the most from this excursion was the constant pressure of my toenails being shoved back into the cuticles. Nabei, that was bloody irritating.

I can't help but imagine what it would have been like if I had kept long acrylic toenails with a dangly nail charm or two. That will not be a good thing unless I trek with slippers or something.

Anyhow, we were ambushed by a band of monkeys when we stopped to have our lunch. They are not to be trifled with but their actions amused me. It is amazing how human-like their mannerisms are, from the way they lepak one corner, to the ball-scratching and the dry humping. It makes me wonder if they are actually apeing what they have observed or if it is part of their inborn nature. .

A senior monkey artfully nicked a packet of VitaSoy milk from us when we were not looking. He did not bother with the straw, opting instead, to rip the carton open and greedily lap up the milk.

Today was first time I saw a monkey sporting a freaking milk mustache. Man, it was corny sight to behold hehehehe!:)

I must say I have had a fulfilling day and now I am all ready to hit the sack.

2 comments:

marvin tan said...

You should have taken a pic of that monkey and add a caption "Got Milk?"

That would be a good laugh!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.