Friday, March 02, 2007

Sleep is a luxury I don't often give myself... But on the odd occasion that I do, I end up feeling more sluggish, and my mind and body take some time to warm up and get running. I suppose I am someone who simply does not need much sleep. 6 to 7 hours daily will suffice to keep me functioning at my optimum.

That's when I am at my sharpest, most engaging and my sparkling personality, at its brightest! Wahahahaha! Just kidding maybe!;p

I have been very unkind to my body by not sleeping enough. Rest is really of paramount importance. Sure I can get away with it when I am still young, but definitely not when I am older. The sleep debtors have come knocking quite regularly. And though the ill effects have not rears its ugly head yet, it might suddenly make its presence known.

The first thing I did when I woke up this morning, (after having knocked out for a good 10 hours), was to peer out of the window. Yay! God bless the blue skies and the morning sun! Finally! A weather that is just perfect for running!

Changed into my running attire and laced up my trusty Asics trainers. Again, I had to bang my heart rate monitor to get it in working order as it keeps fucking up on me these days. Fortunately, I did not have to do the same with my Ipod Nano heh...

I usually run circles around this huge canal just beside my block when I am running on my own. There were quite a lot of people running this morning. I sprang gleefully into the momentum of the run and zoned out. I feel good and I feel like I am spending time with me. It is perhaps, my sweet escape?

No comments: