Sunday, April 22, 2007

Isn't it all so very strange? Life that is. The journey that lies ahead continues to be a mystery. Sometimes, we think we have found the answers, only to realize that we do not really understand anything at all. That occasional fleeting glimspe into the unknown skews the perspective of our limited understanding. The perennial search for our role and purpose in this lifetime eludes us and confuses us even more. But yet, it forces us to re-examine our life from time to time and set things right, if it is within our power to do so.

I have been oscillating between the need to escape and to face up to the harsh reality of the real world. We always want and want more and what we get is never enough because we will be looking for that 'missing piece' that will complete that beautiful picture. Even if we do manage to find that missing element, by some miracle, it will not remain complete forever. Because everything is transient and everything changes, nothing ever remains the same.

After much pondering, I arrive at the same conclusion, again. To be happy is to keep things simple, learn to accept our flaws and live with the imperfections that mar our lives. I have also come to realize that it is not the expectations that we have of other people that disappoint us, but rather, it is the expectations that we have of ourselves that bring the biggest disappointment. Well, that is true for my case anyway. I can only conclude that the best things in life come unexpected.

Things get more complicated as we grow older, as always, the more we count our blessings and the simpler we keep our lives, the happier we will be. The free spirit in me will not be bound by society's expectations.

Lazy Sunday for me, been quite awhile... I am not doing anything but I am happy. I don't believe in forcing myself to find things to do to be happy, I can be just as contented doing nothing. Got activated to fly to Melbourne tonight, it might be good to get away, no?

No comments: