Tuesday, April 10, 2007

There is a saying that time lost, is time gone forever and that time waits for no man. It still continues to baffle me how time flashes by in the blink of an eye. It is the most valuable resource that we have at our disposal and yet, it is also something that we take for granted, thinking we have all the time in the world.

It was not too long ago that I wised up and since then, I have been on a personal mission to make every hour of my life count. By nature, I am a slacker and a procrastinator and it is somewhat unnatural for me to go all out and get things done. The realization is a blessing in more ways than one, because it gave me the push that I needed to find out what I am truly capable of. Looking back, I would never have imagined doing all that I am doing now.

Yet, there is always the flip side of the coin. In my obsessive attempts at maximizing my time, I bite off more than I can chew and I lose myself in the process. I sink into the doldrums and I withdraw from everyone. Even worse, I lose touch with God and shut him out, thinking I can do things my own way. Then, I have to fight to crawl out of the rut and force myself to re-examine life and get back some semblance of harmony.

My holiday to Perth was excellent, I don't think I have been happier than this all year. It was good to finally get away and not do anything specific. It is not so much of the place I am in nor the activities that I occupy my time with. It is really more of the company that I am with. I have been very well taken care of and it is more than I ask for. Despite this visit being longer than the usual ones, the four nights that I spent there was over sooner than I want it to be. Time really flies when you are having a good time. I am glad that I enjoyed every moment. I have so much more to say but I have to go now. I will continue when I am back in 2 hours or so.

No comments: