Thursday, January 27, 2005

Don't you just hate it or feel disgusted when someone, who has seemingly EVERYTHING, starts whining and complaining about how much their lives suck and that God hates them, just because they didn't meet their expectations when it comes to grades (but still excellent grades nevertheless), or that they have early morning classes or that they are not as slim as they wanna be... And then proceeds to name his/her blessings (which is MUCH MORE than what average people have btw), and then concludes that it still doesn't make him/her feel better. HAH, right... Will someone please smack these brats up and inform them that the world does not involve them or their silly grades and other trivial matters? How trivial and superficial. And don't get me started on those people who are alreadydamn slim and then say they are fat and wanna lose weight... It is just fucking annoying can? BLOODY FUCKING annoying... Get real please...*rolls eyes*

Moving on... Is there such a thing as a fair world these days? Why can't everyone have equal happiness? No doubt, the shit we get ourselves into is based on poor judgement or the wrong choices that we make. However, I am not wrong to say that some of us have to make much tougher choices in life and have a lot more to lose if they make the wrong move. While some others have all their options laid out neatly in front of them, all ready for their picking, and it won't significantly affect their lives in a major way, whichever choice they make. Why do some people have to go through so many stumbling blocks in order to taste success or have a better life, while some face little struggle to get what they want? Awww, just fuck it lah... It is just too much to think about...

Actually the reason why I'm getting so pissed here is because, I read a blog that well, pissed me off immensely. It is just some stranger's blog really.. I just don't really like people who are sheltered and think that the world revolves around them and their silly little problems. Lately, I have been kinda troubled by all that is going on, I don't let it affect me but I emphatize, at least... There is sadness and troubled minds all around me, in varying degrees and affecting different people... the people I care a lot about... And it just sucks knowing you can't do anything to improve their situation or solve everything. All I can do is to listen and console them a little, or at least I hope I did... I suppose all these got me wishing people won't be so superficial, self-centred or insensitive. I guess there is some good in the world afterall... In the aftermath of the Tsunami disaster, a lot of people have dug deep into their pockets and made generous contributions and best of all, volunteer to help the victims and get their lives back to some semblance of sanity... I really admire and respect these people, with all my heart...

I am ashamed to say that I am one of those people I mentioned that irritated the shit outta me, or should I say, used to be. Eventhough, I don't come from a wealthy family, my mother has tried to give me all that I ever wanted. I was a brat when I was younger but I now, I truly appreciate all that she has done for me. I'm glad I went through a tough time coz it has made me a better person. Less selfish and more thoughtful and more aware of my surroundings. Sometimes, being taught a harsh lesson is paramount... *sigh*

Lost my train of thoughts, distracted by a phone call from my darling... the poor baby... Well, there is always a silver lining to every cloud yeah and things will sort themselves out somehow... I believe that after overcoming certain obstacles in life, it shapes us to be better people, more streetsmart in terms of dealing with shit that comes our way and not letting emotions rule our decisions that may backfire... Always having to make decisions, decisions and more decisions... when will it ever end?

No comments: