Monday, November 06, 2006

Dragged my ass out of bed to go for a run this morning. It is not an easy feat fighting that inertia, especially with the sun beating so strongly down on me and sapping my energy with every step I take. I pushed myself to run at 90% of my heart rate (according to my heart rate monitor), and I was literally this half dead chicken, doing what felt like the longest 30 min run, for this year.

However, I must say I am glad I am starting to run regularly again. Once I get past the initial inaction, I just don't feel like slowing down. A runner's high is really addictive, and I have almost forgotten how hyper and mentally alert I feel after a good run. Today was no exception. The moment my heart rate slowed down enough for me to breathe normally, I was bouncing all around the house, much to the amazement of my dogs. Then, I happily walked into a big puddle of Miko's pee on the floor and I went...

Nabei!!!=(

Sigh... she is always like that... Sort of toilet trained, but somehow, does not get it right most of the time. I cannot stay angry with her for long though. It's like, how do you get angry at a total darling who looks up at you with such trusting eyes. Just cannot lah.

BUT, I am not so forgiving when it comes to people who make really fucked up, totally insensitive comments. Sometimes, it just amazes me, the things that can come out of people's mouths. I mean, really.

Yesterday, I witnessed an exchange between a few people that made me want to get really violent. One of them, a woman complimented another lady on her looks, saying that she looks young and very good for her age and then asked her what her secret was. Before she could reply, this man who happened to be present, let go a comment, obviously without much thought.

"Aiyah, so obvious, suck **** lah."

Then, "You never see the Zoe Tay ad meh? She also said she swallows."

Fuck lah, I don't believe the nerve of such people. That is just TOTAL disrespect and so not funny. Even if it was meant to be a joke, it is of fucking poor taste. I think she was offended but she played along a little just to diffuse the situation. No point engaging such bozos in a conversation, I would have just dismissed him with a wave of my hand. Such a fucking turn-off.

The weird thing is, I did not remember him being like that before. Time and circumstances does change a person. Oh well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo old friend, yeah some people really are crude with their comments. I shall leave my crude comments aside and leave something nice here intead =) Van take care, dont forget your good ol' friend duckie. I wont forget you either.