Saturday, July 11, 2009

Tonight I had an awesome flight...

Flashback to the last day of June, the day I finally got my progress check done and miraculously passed, with a good standard. In all honesty, I was actually less confident than I let on and in hindsight, felt that I could have done better. The fear was almost paralyzing but I held on with everything I had. The prayers soothed my frazzled nerves and I managed to keep within the tolerances. My procedures could have been more methodical but the saving grace was that I did well in the more crucial segments of the check.

What seemed like the worst case scenario for me initially turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I was dismayed but I trusted God and He delivered.

Then, I had to do 5 more sorties to prepare me for the final test. I was quite happy with how the 3 day sorties went as there was a significant improvement. The night circuits however, left much to be desired. There was not much drama on the first one but I screwed up the second one so badly that I seriously started to doubt my abilities. It was the worst sortie in my entire Baron phase and I was quite shaken. However, my instructor decided to take the leap of faith and let me sign up for the final test based on what he knows I am capable of and hope for the best. He is a good man.

Faith is indeed powerful. Today I got a call to do the night test, together with my coursemate. It was the perfect arrangement and everything was in my favour. I was not expecting to do it this soon and I was in a state of nervous excitement. Again, I commited it to God and when it was my turn to take control, I was dead calm.

It was like I was a different person and I surprised myself tonight. It was the best night circuit I have ever done to date and by a long shot. Now that the night portion is out of the way, I have to focus all my energy on the day portion of the test which will be scheduled very soon. It is the most important one of all and when I pass, it is time to go home.

The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter and faith will see me through.

2 comments:

jondog said...

good luck van....i know u know i never come to ur chim chim blog because there's just sooo many words to read.....but...

god bless, stay cool and you'll do fine....you've always done so in the past.....

=)

Haze said...

Dearie, all the best and God be with you. Found a super nice dessert place and can't wait to have tea with you over there :)