Wednesday, October 19, 2005

It has been quite some time since I last updated. Didn't want to blog because I was not in the best of moods and I had nothing to say. Got back from Dubai on Sunday morning and took 2 days to recover from the energy drain. It has never happened before, not this bad. Anyhoo, my energy levels are replenished and I'm good to go again.

4 of us went sightseeing in Cairo. It was breath-taking, simply amazing... Standing at the foot of the great pyramids was awe-inspiring. The colourful history of the ways of the ancient Egytians has long been a subject of fascination for me. To be able to experience it that day was totally out of this world. Some say that the pyramids are actually built by aliens. Heh.

The artifacts housed in the museum are really remarkable and some, extremely well-preserved. There is some sort of ominous air about the museum that I can't quite place my finger on. Anyway, it gave me the creeps, wasn't the only one who was imagining things coz my colleagues felt that way too. If you try looking directly into the eyes of some of the larger statues, you won't feel very comfortable. Weird.

We took turns to ride the horses and the camel. Riding the horse was a lot more comfortable although riding on the camel was an interesting experience altogether. I mean come on, you don't get to ride a camel everyday do you? The poor creature reminded me of a dinosaur, especially when it makes a sound like a forlorn half-wail. I truly felt sorry for both the horses and the camel. I don't think they were treated very well at all and it disturbs me...

I hated the bazaar. It reminded me of the time when I was in Bombay. I hate any noisy, chaotic situations where you stick out like a sore thumb and where everyone is aware of you and stare at you without inhibitions.

I didn't like Cairo very much at all, now that I have seen almost all that I wanted to see, I'll stay in the hotel the next time I have to go there.

Moving on, Huiling and Jeannie just left my house awhile ago. They came over to hang out and reminisce our primary school days. Earlier during the day, I met up with Jeannie in town and I ended up buying a lot of stuff. The usual, tops, a pair of Adidas shoes and lots of accessories. Everytime when I don't intend to buy something, I end up doing a lot of damage. I did not regret any of my purchases, except for a lovely white top with pretty lace details that made me look too top-heavy. Damn sian. Jeannie bought it from me and it looks better on her anyway:)

I'm in a much happier mood now:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better!! :)

The pyramids were not built by aliens.

post some egypt pictures!

hope you have a wonderful day! ;)

-*D!siLLus!on3d*- said...

Babe, think you switch to calling me Jean better.. Coz you got another 'Jeannie' now.. Lolx!!

Aye, did she mistaken that you spelled her name wrongly? =p

Anywayz, had a really great time hanging out with ya gal! Do it again when we got the time and i got the money.. Hehehehe

Take better care of yourself okai. *Hugz*