Saturday, December 03, 2005

If I had to pick the worst day of my life for this year, tonight would be it.
What seemed like a good start to my day ended in shambles.

I had a fucked up night's sleep. I guess I must have used up every shred of my patience for today's flight. Don't get me wrong, I was in my element. It was a great flight, albeit a fucking tiring one.

Then came a nasty chain of events that snowballed into a grand climax. It all started when my regular cab driver screwed up my advanced booking. I had to wait at least half an hour at the airport before I can get the cab. Now, tell me, what is the whole fucking point of a god damn advanced booking if I have to wait so freaking long for my cab? It makes absolutely no sense to me. I told him to forget it and joined the public queue.

Imagine the torture I felt. I was so fucking pissed off but I had to wear a neutral expression on my face because I was in my uniform and because like it or not, I am representing the company. So I vented my anger in my smses to my friends. I guess I must have sounded pretty violent, one of them was so worried for me, he actually called me instead. Heh.

That is the only thing I will go into detail about... some other shit happened and I snapped. I feel like another part of me has died... The initial stabs of pain that I felt initially has since subsided to a dull ache and now, I can only feel numbness.

I only allowed myself to shed a single tear. I hardly ever cry anymore and I don't intend to. But sometimes, being emotionally detached can be a big curse. I have lost something tonight... but, I'll move on.

Fuck it.

3 comments:

alhnom said...

It'd pass and you'd move on. At least you'd emerge stronger and wiser.

Some people may come and go in your life but I'm here to stay and I'm just a call away. Hug.

Vanessa said...

Hey Jude,

I'd never be strong without the support of friends like you.

Thanks for always being there. I want you to know that you can always count on me too:) *hugz*

jpt said...

gal dunno whats happening (blur look) but hope u coping fine... n with ur army of supportive friends, i'm sure u r well taken care of ya?

but dun forget i'm around for u if u wanna talk... =)

hugsss gal