Saturday, December 24, 2005

It's been quite awhile since I last blogged. Much has been going on in my mind and I've had some issues to contend with. They are still bugging me actually but other than that, I shouldn't complain, life has been good to me.

Just got back from an agonizing 8 days' trip to New York via Frankfurt yesterday evening. I don't believe that I was ever that jet lagged and that miserable to be away from home. The freezing cold certainly added on to the gloom. I had no mood to do anything because of that. I thought I was going to lose my ears and my fingers whenever the wind blew.

And the boots I bought from Amsterdam was just not made for walking.

It was slowly killing me and every step I took after an hour brought about fresh stabs of pain. Even when I was sitting down, I was not spared. My feet were cramping so badly that I couldn't sleep on the hour-long journey back to New York, from New Jersey. Definately not a pleasant experience for me.

It snowed in Frankfurt on the 2nd day that I was there. It was quite lovely actually, to be walking in town with the snow flakes falling softly on the cheeks. The snow looked like sugar icing on all the buildings. It was beautiful and almost magical.

Coming back home to Singapore has never felt sweeter. Especially since I am coming back to a newly-renovated home. Lots of unpacking to be done but I'll do another day. Time to celebrate the festive season.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year. May it be a joyous and memorable festive season for everyone. It's so good to be home:)

1 comment:

Ranz said...

Hi hi Vanessa ,
:) Was beginning to wonder where U've gone . Missed reading your stories and happenings .
Ouch ! Your latest trip sounds so painful . Eeee ..hope U're feeling better .
Anyway , MERRY X'MAS !! & Happy New Year ! May the holidays and new year bring U more and more happiness , k ? :D
Take care , keep warm , enjoy the hols .
Cheers ,
Ranz