Tuesday, December 25, 2007

I am starting to like Christmas once again. No longer do I feel detached from what used to be my favourite time of the year. Over-commercialization has robbed this season of its true meaning and spirit. How I miss the simple, old-fashioned Christmases of yesteryear, the kind that I remember from my childhood days.

There are still fond memories of the Christmas eve I spent in Perth last year as I was in the company of good friends. This year, it was the unexpected sweetness and sincerity of a simple gesture that warmed my heart and truly touched me.

=)

I will enjoy the moment while it lingers. The essence of joy and happiness is transient and it must not be marred by the fear and uncertainty of the future. With blessings aplenty, I wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

No comments: