Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The waves of nostalgia that I felt were beset with a quality that is oh so surreal. Two years it has been but it certainly does not feel like that length of time has already come to pass. Though it does seem unreal, all the experiences that assault my thoughts are as vivid as though they happened yesterday.

I am totally aware of the changes in me that have taken place. Though I have been blessed with the opportunity to grow in mind and in spirit, it is not without pain and hardship. The trials and tribulations that occasionally rock my world has served its purpose and taught me many valuable lessons.

It is a scary world of uncertainty I am about to step into. The days spent in my comfort zone are fast becoming a distant momory. Strange as it may sound, there is no fear. Maybe not now, because I have yet to experience the magnitude of what I am actually getting myself into. But I am not afraid. My vision, my thoughts and how I feel are one, in harmony, that is a good sign. If it does not feel right, it does not bode well. Too often, my unease about things are spot on.

All the pain and disappointment that I have felt were not in vain. The tears that I have shed, though little, were a welcome release. And now I look forward.

No comments: