Sunday, December 30, 2007

I attended the last sermon for this year this morning and I left the church, deep in thought. The message was simply to count our blessings, something that we have to be reminded time and again, because we forget.

I did some self-reflection and have come to a realization. On the occasions that I succumb to a complaining and critical spirit, I feel drained and unhappy. My attitude did me no favours at all and I attracted even more things to be upset about.

It happens when I get caught up in life and draw away from God. Though I am grateful for whatever blessings I have, I allow certain things to get to me and that negates the effect of gratitude and goodwill. When I rid myself of the negative thoughts and be more forgiving of the character flaws that irk me, I receive even more goodwill in abundance.

Let it be a promise myself to always count my blessings because gratitude is the doorway to happiness. May the Lord deliver me from my negative attitude, then 2008 will be an even better year.

No comments: