Monday, March 30, 2009

BKN030. I had to cancel my navigation solo today because of the low cloud base. Instead, I did two general handling solos as I would have no problem with the terrain clearance in the training area. I climbed to an altitude of 3000ft initially but found myself in cloud so I had to descend to and maintain 2500ft.

It was absolutely lovely and I was happy to be up there all by myself for two whole hours. For the first time, I brought my Ipod along and I had one earphone in my ear under my headset, while keeping a listening watch at the same time. I enjoyed the experience so much more with music to keep me company and I was happily singing and dancing in my seat without a care in the world. But of course, at the same time, I was maintaining my altitude and heading discipline and keeping an active lookout.

I did climbing and descending rate 1 turns over the Peel Inlet and when I found a single clear patch in the broken cloud, I climbed another 1000ft. The mass of clouds still looked very ominous so I descended back down, enjoying the sight of the feathery wisps of cloud as they parted over the windscreen.

It is for moments like these that I live for and I revel in them I did. I keep them close to my heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

look out for traffic kate! :)
glad to hear u're progressing well..
look me up with u're back k? :D