Monday, May 18, 2009

At times, I just simply cannot fathom how I allow myself to make stupid mistakes, today being one which caused my sortie to be cancelled. It was not exactly a disaster, but I certainly feel bad enough... all that preparation gone to naught. It has been 10 days since my last dual and when I finally get a slot, I go screw it up on the ground. Brilliant me.

I feathered the propellors at 2200 RPM when I was doing my engine run-up checks, and the RPM dropped by 700, which is undesirable, because the maximum drop allowed for this prop exercise is 300 RPM. My instructor was understandably quite pissed with me and made the decision to turn back to have the engines checked. Thankfully, that slip of mine was inconsequential and there was no damage whatsoever. I would have felt even worse if that had caused the sortie after me to be cancelled. Oh well, mistakes like these will not be repeated again for sure, since I am the one making them. The smart way is to learn from the mistakes of others of course, because it will be horrible if I make them all by myself. Fuck man.

The Baron does not seem to like me very much, I am still not very good at making 'her' respond well to my control inputs. Damn that bitch. The Cessna was a lot more forgiving. It is my fault for not being good enough, yet. I can only hope and pray I will master it in time for the next progress check, and I will. For now, I will get over today's boo boo by sulking in my room, just for this evening.

Nabei!!!

No comments: