Monday, May 25, 2009

I am done with my planning for tomorrow's sortie so here I am, kicking back with a glass of red wine and recollecting some of my thoughts.

One of the things that I will surely miss about Perth is the availability of decent red wine at prices you would never get back in Singapore. Never. Even though I long to go home, the quality of life here is just different, in more good ways than one. Ah well... this is an experience that is unique, comparable to my secondary school days, just that I get to re-live those days as an adult, the way that I want.

These are indeed the best years of my life so far and I am ever so grateful for the opportunity to do something that I really want. This journey, though far from over, has been an amazing one thus far and cannot be quantified.

It is real and I am living my dream. The vision I have for myself is simple, yet in the grander scheme of things, this is just one aspect of my life that I have to get right. That, and to erm, lose 5KGs haha!

I am enjoying myself a tad too much, but it not at the expense of my training. Still, the lifestyle is not good for me in the long run and I have to take a step back and regain that harmony once again.

Moving on... every muscle in my body is screaming out in pain! I was over-enthusiastic during the kickboxing session on Saturday and I am totally sore everywhere! The cold simply amplifies the pain, ouch! The sadist in me loves the pain though, I need to feel it to be satisfied with my workout. Even if I were to run 10KM, my muscles will not hurt as much, for my body has grown accustomed to the exercise and it is time for a change.

Gotta go and crawl painfully into bed now. Til then!

No comments: