Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I was not planning to follow Singapore Idol 2006 but now I have every reason to. I happened to watch the show last night and realized that my childhood friend made it to the Top 28!!!

Oh my God.




This was the girl I spent the most memorable part of my childhood with, together with my brother and her cousins, Bianca, Herman and Donnie. We met almost every weekend. We would cycled around the estate, run everywhere like monkeys posessed and play all sorts of games. We were rough kids and always got all sweaty and dirty at the end of the day much to our parents' annoyance.:) We loved the Spice Girls at one stage. Yes, the Spice Girls, don't laugh please. As well as more reasonable artistes like Alanis Morrisette and All Saints. Our love for singing and music made us decide to form an all girl band, just for the fun of it. Til this day, I can still remember the tune and the lyrics of the song Charmaine wrote.

We drifted apart when Bianca and her brothers migrated to the USA and when I went to secondary school. We were all in touch for awhile and then totally lost contact thereafter.

Such fond memories and I miss them all so much... Oh well, you can be sure who my vote will go to!:)

Gonna change my hairstyle again. Perhaps tomorrow.

No comments: