Saturday, December 23, 2006

So life remains a mystery, too complex for all of us to comprehend. Instead of struggling to, I tell myself to allow myself to be pleasantly surprised, and to be prepared to handle anything, come what may. That, as opposed to worrying incessantly and going apeshit about things that have not happened YET, or may not even happen. Although, I am not a worry wart by nature, I do admit I still get 'concerned' about things.

Today, in liberated spirit, I told myself to let things be, and only deal with it when the shit happens. That is why I love the expressions, "No worries" and "Don't sweat the small stuff". They will serve me very well when I start to get unhappy.

No amount of worrying will prepare us for life's changes. I no longer have fear of the unknown, because we will never know anyway. It is only recently that I truly understand the meaning of going with the flow and letting my intuition guide me up to the point I have to make a decision.

Once I do that, I will go with the flow once more, albeit a controlled flow, without regrets.

If I may say so, I think that up til this point, I have managed to keep most aspects of my life in a delicate balance. No longer, will I will let the pendulum swing too wildly and out of control.

I woke up this morning, from the best sleep I have had in ages, and arrived at a conclusion... Let the good experiences in life define you and not what you own. Keep life simple and live for the moment, the moments that make you smile and take your breath away.

Looking back, the happiest moments of my life are the ones that are unexpected and simple. For many things that go my way, the unexpected surprises I get more than makes up for it because they are usually better. The happiest people are also the ones who take it easy and have simple wants.

This year has been one of many immaterial blessings for me. Despite the occasional stagnancy and stuff that gets me down, it is a growth process and I have learnt many valuable lessons.

The nordic rune tattoo around my right hip translates to 'Faith, hope and happiness.' It is a reminder to keep the faith, for without which, there is no hope and without hope, there is no happiness. That sums it all up.

Well, my Christmas present was unexpected and it came early! Many things just click into place. May it be the best and most meaningful Christmas for me and everyone. With that, I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! May it be one of forgiveness and memorable moments and may it bring glad tidings. Have a blessed New Year!

=)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi hi,

Merry Christmas my friend.

God bless :p