Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Quickie entry from Brisbane. My gal friend, Annur came over to see me last night, right after I checked into the hotel. I thought she had changed her number when I tried calling her and couldn't get through! In my mind, I was kicking myself for not checking if she was using the same number, I assumed she did. I was keeping my fingers crossed that my assumption was correct. Afterall, it is almost a year ago since I was last rostered to fly to Brisbane.

When I finally got through, we couldn't hear each other over the phone! It was absolutely maddening! Thank God the text message service did not fuck up on me! I was so delighted to see her and I gave her a really big hug the moment I spotted her! Though she had to leave shortly after, I had an excellent conversation with her.

It is friends like her that realize how important it is to me to have someone to talk in depth too. There is this deep emotional need for people to be able to relate to me and understand me. It is then, that I do not feel alone. Superficial interactions are fine by me, but if I do not have sensible people to keep me anchored, I lose myself sometimes. Sure, I love having fun times and laughter, it keeps me feeling alive, but it is a poor substitute for the empty void that needs to be filled.

Something struck me, during my conversation with Annur. I know what I really need. That 'rock' in my life, someone I can share everything with, my deepest thoughts and feelings, with abandon and without being judged. I do seem to reveal a lot about myself, but that is only the tip of the iceberg, or slightly more.

Have I met such a person? I may not have the chance to find out yet. However, I do believe that everything will just click into place when the time is right. Til then, I got to have faith, be patient and stay out of trouble. Heh.

Gotta go now, I will be meeting my babe again in a few minutes. She's spending the whole day with me before I depart tonight! I love having friends like her in my life.

=)

No comments: