Friday, May 18, 2007

"There is no love in marriage." I have heard this more than once and yesterday, I heard those words again. Such is the cynicism that has infiltrated the society today. Though, I do see the truth in it, I cannot help but feel disillusioned and sad that a happy marriage has almost become a thing of the past. It is appalling to me that in some, it has even become a 'business transaction' of sorts.

Whatever happened the sacred union of love, joy and 'happily ever after'?

Marriage is more than just being able to live with each other. My idea of marriage is being in love, bringing out the best in each other, mutual trust and understanding and most importantly, being each other's rock in life.

I know I keep mentioning the word rock, but it has nothing to do with an obsession with diamonds. It is just nice to come home to that special someone in your life, no? Sometimes, it is nice to live in that happy little bubble and not have our perceptions marred by the negativity around us.

When my time comes, I will treasure it. Take me away... where I can happy and free.

3 comments:

mcxxxxcm said...

Dear V,

Perhaps, there's some truth in it. Much like keeping men interested after an ejaculation. Not entirely impossible but it won't be easy all the time.

So, think more than twice.

Vanessa said...

Ah well... Men... *sigh* It is not time for me yet but I will definitely not rush into it hehe:)

Anonymous said...

but there is truth behind that word...my grandparents dun even know eachother till the day they are married...and now ..50 years..idk...*headace* ...better set one goal at one time**not ready to be someone's yet* **natasha**