Sunday, June 24, 2007

Being at home with two emo, angst-ridden , poo-eating dogs is not fun at all. I cannot help but give a wry smile when I open the door to my mother's bedroom and see Miko and Nicky dash in with a hopeful look on their faces. You can literally see their crestfallen expressions when they fail to find my mother, after searching every nook and cranny of the room.

Miko has been waiting at the door at the usual time every evening for my mom to walk in through the front door. It is quite heart-breaking to see the woebegone look in her eyes when she finally gives up and she slinks to her corner.

I have never seen a dog do a better 'Oh my God, what the fuck?' expression than Miko. When she saw the kibbles I poured into her bowl, she literally threw her head back and looked up to the heavens with that look. It was so comical I cannot help but to burst out laughing.

At least there is still some cheer in my life, albeit in little spurts. It is enough to keep me going, I am just glad I am around. I have to shuttle between hospitals later, after going to church. My brother is still fine for now but is understandably affected by all that has happened. I am the only one who is not hit by dengue epidemic. Things just keep getting worse, yet better. Ain't it strange?

God is with us and for that I am glad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,I was the one who posted questions regarding learning piano before if you still remember? Just wanna say cheer up yah?I am also having dark clouds above me too over work and having one family member in hospital.i believe things will turn out fine for you,no matter what it is.

take care =)