Friday, June 01, 2007

"Can you sit with me for landing?" the little girl asked me with a hopeful expression on her face.

It was an innocent and simple request, but yet it touched my heart and put a genuine smile on my face. The 2 1/2 flight flight delay out of London gave me a rare opportunity to buddy up with some kids on ground. It amazes me how bright and observant children can be. My colleagye and I were surrounded and we had to answer a barrage of inquisitive questions from them. It struck me that I could actually have a conversation which I enjoy! It was nice to reminisce about my childhood and talk the toys and cartoons that I used to like.

When I want to shut myself away from the world for a bit, I do the solitary things that make me happy. Music, running, reading and a recent hobby I particularly love, comforts me. I do like good company but sometimes, it is just nice to be alone, which is what I want for now.

This was supposed to be an unhappy post, but as I was gathering all my angry thoughts into one big furyball for venting, I was interrupted. Unexpected and happy interruptions I must say.=) So now... I guess I kinda forgot why I was pissed off. Still, a number of people have been irritating the shit out of me over the past 2 weeks but right now, they can just talk to the hand coz they don't matter. Some friends have really disappointed me but I will get over it.

On a much brighter note, my prayers have been answered... It is a gesture of kindness beyond what I had hoped for. I keep my fingers crossed that all will go well.

1 comment:

mcxxxxcm said...

Ahh, she's so sweet.

Little kids always have their own ways in finding sweet spot in our heart at the most unexpected time.

It's very nice.