Saturday, June 02, 2007

Having listened to my daddy talk over lunch and dinner today, I have come to realize that the older generation tend to live in the past, one event after another, all recalled with startling detail. It was interesting to listen to initially, but after awhile, I started to become a bit weary.

I am someone who casts her vision far ahead and I believe in living for now. The past is something I visit only when something jolts my distant memory. Then, I am suddenly reminded of the movie Big Fish and I could really relate to the characters in it.

Then, I understood the subtle but powerful message behind the movie.

3 comments:

mcxxxxcm said...

Hmmm.. much like "eat, drink & be merry, for tomorrow we die", ehh?

Some day will be your turn to recount the glory days, much like Daddy.

Carpe Diem! Haha!

Anonymous said...

Message being : " The best way to escape a werewolf's wrath is to play 'Fetch' with him " ? ;)

~ Sengz

Vanessa said...

Well yes, life if all about living for those moments of happiness. Haha! I am already much like Daddy for I like to recount my glory childhood days!=)