Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I just heard some news tonight, that someone I do not like got something I want, ahead of me. My heart sank, but I fought off the initial feelings of negativity.

It is good that I have drawn much closer to God lately as it has opened my eyes and made me understand a few things which I did not before. I read a few pages of the bible today and a verse from the chapter of Matthew stood out, it was about judging others.
"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?" - Matthew 7:3
Then it all became clear to me when I was informed about the news. There is something I can learn from this person and I must humble myself in order to see it... If we make God the centre of our lives, we will be rewarded with His blessings. Come to think of it, it is ironic that I can actually learn something from someone I do not think much of, but I must put my pride and my judgmental opinions aside as it does not do me any good. Those who judge, including myself, will be judged as well so it is time I removed that plank from my eye.

I must keep my heart pure so that I can receive God's true wisdom and I must be conscious to protect my heart from the taint of negativity. My faith is not perfect and I am 'work in progress', but I will make an effort to be a better person.

4 comments:

KinK said...

Hmmm... hints of enlightenment or epiphany? Either way, all's good!

It's undeniable and inevitable that things get us down from time to time but hey, look on the bright side and move on!

Choose to live a happy and fruitful life k! Cheers and have a great day ahead! =)

Vanessa said...

It is indeed a moment of epiphany! Yes it is, I needed that, am always moving ahead and I do not look back in regret. The choice is made!

Anonymous said...

Hi I love reading your blog. Certainly your English is perfect and you could write with flow.

Keep it up

Vanessa said...

Thank you for your comment! It certainly made my day!:)