Sunday, November 15, 2009

I Never Walk Alone

I welcome the peace and quiet, for it is the time I turn contemplative and have the luxury to mull over my thoughts. This is something I need to do often to keep me grounded as it is very easy to get caught up in the not-so-pleasant realities of life and lose myself in the process.

Some influences are subconscious and it creeps up upon you and eventually consumes you if you are not aware of it happening. We all need a reality check from time to time and learn to put our egos aside, though I firmly believe one must not lose their dignity and self respect.

There are just some people in my life who are simply not good for me, and perhaps it is best I keep a polite distance from now on. Rather than to get irritated and be a bitch, I shall just adopt a dismissive approach and not be concerned with the trivial things that piss me off these days.

I am a person with very strong opinions and I know what I want in life. However, I have come to realize that lately, it has become too important for me to get my point across and defend my choices, mostly to people who do not really matter and who do not understand shit. No more of that because from now on, I shall just talk less and listen more.

My battles in life are chosen wisely and I will only focus on the ones which are in line with my purpose and that will drive and motivate me. Sometimes, it is better not to engage in the ones which are pointless and sap your energy. Whoever said we need to challenge ourselves all the time and win them all?

The best things that have happened to me are those which I have committed to the Lord and have held out for. After experiencing many false hopes and initial disappointments, I am now together with someone whom I love and who is good for me in every way, and vice versa. I apply the same attitude towards my dream of flying for an airline based in Singapore. I will continue to hold out for what I want until it is evident God has other plans for me.

I never walk alone because I have God in my life and I believe that the best is yet to come.

No comments: