Monday, June 19, 2006

Today I turn 23.

Well, I feel different, but in a good way. Looking back... my life does seem to get progressively better as I get older. From year to year, I feel myself changing so much that sometimes, even I can't quite keep up with them. My friend joked that he has a hard time just trying to keep up with my hairstyle changes. Haha.

What a pleasant surprise it has been! I received birthday well wishes from people I did not expect via text messages (some from overseas), Friendster messages, testimonials, phone calls and over MSN. A simple, thoughtful gesture that put a smile on my face and touched my heart. Thank you.:)

To my family and close friends who remembered, thank you for the gifts, company and taking the time to be with me. All of you have made me feel special, in little ways that mean so much. I truly feel contented.

Being 22 has been a great year for me. I got to know many wonderful people and strengthened my friendships with those I am already close to. Of course, there are some who drift away too. Having 2 long lost friends contact me days apart of each other, closed the chapter 22 on a happy note. That was the year that marked the turning point of my life and brought me closer to God. After being lost for so long, I have finally stumbled upon my path and suddenly, I have a clearer sense of direction. There is a level of awareness that I have never experienced before and with that, I look at the world with the renewed inquisitivity of a child. I see how all the different events of my life thus far have been woven together to form an incomplete picture.

This is my first day of being 23. I feel calm and there is a glow of contentment spreading in my heart. I understand myself a little bit more than yesterday. Some thing thats were ambigious before, came to light recently. It is very nice to know... Although Chapter 22 was not without its fair share of highs and lows, it was good while it lasted. May Chapter 23 be best one yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey babe ,
So so sorry !! I'm so so late . But Happy Belated Birthday !! May the coming years be better and better for U , k ?
*Hugz* ,
Ranz

Anonymous said...

2 childhood friends. I am happy for you, even though i dont know you * i was teh one who passed the url. Cheerios!