Saturday, September 16, 2006

The same feelings of fear and uncertainty all over again. I am beginning to see a pattern here. Women's blues, 2 weeks prior to that time of the month, causes me to have a lot of these irrational mood swings. Not to mention, I feel like crap.

Anyway, I was having a conversation with one of my gal friends over MSN. She mentioned having a new junior girl in her team.

"...carrys LV, hair in french twist, quite pretty, always checking herself out in the mirror, but when she opens her mouth, I feel like I am talking to a kid."

I told my gal friend that I will be quite sad if someone talked about me in such a dismissive manner. Heh. If anything, I hate to feel mediocre. I hate to be stereotyped just because I happen to be a freaking stewardess. As much as I like my job and all its perks, but I don't know... to have someone say things like, "Oh, she's a typical SQ girl..."

Maybe, it is meant to be a compliment but personally, I find it kind of aggravating. The word 'typical' is already generalizing, enough said, and I have an issue with that. Still, as much as I detest the stigma, I am proud of my job and I take pride in how I carry myself. I have learnt alot from it and the invaluable experience I have gained is something you cannot get anywhere else.

My fear right now is the comfort zone, I am almost in it already, if not for the fact I have plans for myself. I have a direction I am moving towards but it is a very long shot. The higher you set your sights, the harder you must be prepared to fall. I am all ready to pick myself up again when that happens.

I must be brave.

No comments: