Saturday, September 16, 2006

"You're accepted."

Alone, I roamed the streets of Melbourne... I found myself getting lost in the maze of streets and spent a lot of time re-tracing my steps, but it was my personal time, at my own pace, and I enjoyed it.

I turned into one lane and I ended up walking behind this woman, then past her. I heard someone talking in a low voice, it sounded quite hostile. I assumed that the person was having an arguement on the phone and tuned out. Then the very same woman that I walked past, caught up with me, turned back and stared hard at me. It dawned on me that she was the one whom I heard talking and she was talking to ME.

I did not like the look in her eyes, it was sorta crazed, malicious and full of hate emanating from them. She seemed stoned as well and very capable of violence. I honestly won't be surprised if she decides to try and scratch my eyes out or something.

I just had one thought, "Nabei, sian." And a split second to react. So, I kept my cool, showed no emotion and calmly met her stare. Then I looked away and continued walking. She came up to me at the traffic light and touched me lightly on the arm.

"You're accepted," she said.

This was really one of the stranger moments in my life. I do not know what to make out of it. What does she mean? Maybe one day, I will understand, perhaps later in life.

Good to be home, I am going to spend time with my mom today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey babe ,

Eeeww !! Tat woman is freaky !

:p ,
Ranz