Monday, September 25, 2006

There is a reason why people say 'bless you' whenever someone sneezes, and that is because the heart momentarily stops beating during a sneeze. Fuck man, judging by the number of times I have been sneezing throughout the evening yesterday, I should have been dead by now.

Something must have triggered off some sort of allergies, I think I sneezed for at least a good 4 hours. Either that, or many people are thinking of me at the same time haha!;p Anyway, I woke up today with the back of my shoulders aching from all that heaving before every mighty sneeze. If this goes on, I might just get an asthma attack.

Nabei.

I went for a short run this morning anyway and bumped into my primary school friend of all people, so we ran together. I wear a heart rate monitor when I run, I hit 187 beats per minute (bpm) when I was running really fast on my own. I used to maintain that kind of heart rate for a good 25 minutes when I want to keep up with another friend I run with. If that does not kill me one day, I don't know what will.

It was strange though, when I was talking to my friend after running, my heart rate went down to 30 bpm. 30 freaking beats per minute, a beat every 2 seconds. I have never registered such a low reading in my life. Never.

Something weird is going on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo Vanessa ,
30 bpm is way too low lah . :D But I think it's 'coz U're always exercising . Slow heart rate is common in athletes . See this :-

"Bradycardia, even as low as 50 beats per minute, can be normal in athletes and other people who are physically active. In these people, regular exercise improves the heart's ability to pump blood efficiently, so fewer heart contractions are required to supply the body's needs."

Shouldn't be a problem if U feel physically well . But it's off to the doc's if U get fainting spells ya ?

Take Care . :D

Ranz