Thursday, October 26, 2006

Absolutely breathtaking...I watched the sun slowly rise in all its golden splendour. It is like a glorious promise that marks a brand new beginning to every day. And somewhere, in another part of the world, the sun sets, lining the clouds with a silver glimmer of hope.

That is how I see the world. It empowers me and makes me look upon everything with positivity. I mean if you think about it, how bad can things really be if you can take charge of the way you want to lead your life? When the occasional shit happens, things do not come to a standstill and freeze in that moment of eternity, life goes on. It always does, and as long as I remind myself of that... I will have the courage to forge ahead.

I have always loved the sound of running water and the sight of the natural waterfall gushing down the rocks made me forget my weariness and fatigue. It is located in a woodland area that I suspect not many people know about, and it is the perfect picture of serenity and calm. Well, it is one of those instances where I let my crazy instincts take over and I started to climb. It was a steep climb up and I did not stop to think that it could be dangerous and that I could slip, fall and hurt myself very badly. Fear did not exist then, I just saw the top and I wanted to get there.

My mind was just so focused at the point of time that it literally blocked out everything else. I just kept going steadily, one step at a time. Finally climbed high enough to see the tops of the trees and was greeted with a view you can only see if you fly a plane over the area. The feeling is totally out of this world. If I were to try and put my feelings into words, I would describe it as a soaring feeling and and an incredible feeling of lightness and dizzy happiness. It was exhilarating!

Then I was struck by a thought. Nabei, how do I get down? It was quite a long way to the bottom but fuck lah, gotta do it anyway right? If not, I won't be sitting here and blogging about it. (Actually, I really wouldn't mind staying there hehe;p ) Anyway, I suspect I was possessed by the spirit of a mountain goat or something, because I did not have much trouble climbing down, it would have been quite disastrous if I were to slip...

And, my mom would go crazy if she knows what I have been up to hehehe.;p

So that day, I learnt a valuable lesson. As long as I focus and keep looking ahead, and not allow myself to be discouraged by the immediate situation at hand and give up, I will finally be at where I want to be. I guess sometimes I gotta take it easy and do things one step at a time, and always look at the bigger picture. I have also realized that if I erase fear from my dictionary, I can actually achieve a lot. It is fear that holds me back. My brother summed it up best when he said, "Those who have nothing to lose, are the most powerful."

Wah.

Makes you think, doesn't it? More often than not, sudden revelations come to me when I am penning down my thoughts or talking to people. I feel I can learn a lot about myself and other things just by hearing what other people have to say. Sometimes, through meaningful conversations, I get to unearth some precious gems of wisdom from the experiences of others.

A really motivating experience that defines yet another a memorable moment in my life. Now, this is what I live for, to be inspired!

=D

No comments: