Saturday, October 14, 2006

Back. So much to do, so little time. What else is new?

My flight to London had 'uh oh' written all over it. Firstly, I had a really trying day, shitloads to do and shitloads to be concerned about. Then I left my house keys and token at home, so I cannot get anything done even though I arrived at control early. Oh, but I have to be gracious and keep my smile up, even though I felt like being a bitch and asking everyone to fuck out of my face. I was not in the right frame of mind to work. Thank God I kept my emotions under control, because everything turned out alright.

However, it was the toughest London flight I can ever remember doing. Of course, it does not beat the time I did my 3rd solo virgin flight there. That was well... a flight I will always remember for the wrong reasons haha!:)

There were a number of insufferable people that got on my nerves however, but it was all good. What made my day? At the end of the flight, the crew under probation whom I was a mentor to, came up to me and thanked me profusely. She said I was very patient and reassuring. That came as a surprise, it really did.

It is a not a good thing sometimes. Food for thought, when people see a good side of someone first, it is often harder for them to accept if the person has an off day and decides to be a bitch. Isn't that always the case?

Ah what the fuck, gonna rest now and do as much as I can before I fly off again on tomorrow night. Today will be another good day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah,yes,the Jungle Guy is leaving his mark and slowly creeping into different facets of this beautiful person's online skid marks...I know what you mean when people start to expect your keeping up of their first impressions but hey,won't we change permanently if we consciously and PERPETUALLY keep up with people's expectations?If we Choose to make everyone happy All the Time,won't we turn into really jovial people?Auto-psychosis is just one of my subscriptions to a happy life and a happy mind...you think?*Luv your expletives,so blatantly honest!I like!* - Jungle Joe

PalliativeDrug said...

It is definitely so damn hard to keep a smile when you're having a bitchy day.

And I totally agree with what you said!!

"when people see a good side of someone first, it is often harder for them to accept if the person has an off day and decides to be a bitch."

Humans are just weird this way. And they are mostly fair-weathered people.

Vanessa said...

Haha Jeanie! So true, they are fair-weathered indeed. I don't bother, people like that can talk to the hand coz I will sign them off dismissively.

I cannot keep putting up a facade just so that people can continue liking me. I have a perfect solution for it though, I just avoid everyone if I am in a bad mood haha! That way I don't have to 'answer' to anyone.