Friday, October 20, 2006

I can hear the cries of protest all day long and I wonder if the birds are feeling the same way as I. Miko attacked and nearly killed a smog-intoxicated bird that flew in through the window.

The bird jumped into the water feature outside my room to escape. Very smart move on its part. I picked it up and it was surprisingly very calm and did not even shit on me. It just sat still in my hand while I dried its feathers with a hairdryer. Then my dad left it on the window sill and it flew away eventually.

My life is just full of surprises sometimes, when I least expect them. Just as well, my brain is too fogged up to think and I am functioning at a half-peak performance. Not something I am comfortable with but what the heck. I need to take it easy and pray for more rain.

Gotta get out of the country tonight. Lovely Osaka, it's been awhile.

2 comments:

PalliativeDrug said...

A wild bird actually let you dry its feathers????? CALMLY???? Now that's amazing. I once tried to touch a bird. But I don't know if the bird or me was more frightened of the other. hahahaa...

You're so lucky... you get to fly around the world.... I WANNA GO FOR A HOLIDAY TOO!!! Maybe to Dubai.

Vanessa said...

Hey Jeanie!

Yes it did! I was so amazed and it was not even afraid, I think it even liked the hairdryer hahahaha! I have had tame birds before. Used to have 3 birds which I rescued, one was so tame, it even let me bathe it in the bathroom sink. I even managed to put my barbie doll sunglasses on its beak.

That was a long time ago haha:)

Going to a destination for work and going there for a holiday is very different heh... and my stay is too short to really explore the country. Need a real break too, Dubai is quite interesting, worth a visit:) Make some plans if you can!