Monday, January 08, 2007

Something is strongly urging me to be there and I do wonder what this means. Feeling the inexorable pull of my heartstrings again and I am curious to know where it will lead me this time. I think I shall take the chance to find out, because I am longer afraid of the outcome.

There is a huge possiblity that I will be disappointed again but I should not let that fear deter me. I will allow myself to take that step forward and see what happens. All I know at this moment is that, i want to know and I will be patient... I place my trust in Him that whatever the outcome, it will be for the best.

The only thing I should really be afraid of is regret. The regret of not doing something about it when I could have because I am scared I will not like the end result. The word itself is explanatory on its own and it should cease to exist in my dictionary.

Strange, an answer of some sort suddenly came to me as I am writing this. There is no happy, sad or perfect ending, only a continuation, because life goes on. It is an affirmation that I really should not be concerned about outcomes because my story will still go on until the day I die, without regrets of course.

It is so true that an unexamined life is not worth living. There is so much, so much out there if only we dare to find it deep within our hearts to seek it. Nabei lah, I say just do! Take chances, find meaning in everything and do not be afraid. Take it easy and go with the flow, that pleasant surprise will await you eventually.

I had a fulfilling day, I spent a couple of hours playing on the piano. I must say that i was on form today and my fingers literally danced all over the keys. A sudden thought occured to me as I was practising that it would piss me off greatly if my nail polish were to chip off. It is an absolute pain if I have to re-paint them because I hate painting my nails.

Interesting, that the act of painting my nails red sends invisable emo signals to my brain, preparing my mindset for work. The association was formed the day I signed the contract. Freshly painted red nails means 'go to work' because it is part of the uniform and work I must. Fuck man, I do not like having to paint my nails.

So I am off to Milan for several days. I want to revel in its sights and soak in all its beauty and charm. Never mind that I will freeze my ass off in the process, I must live for moments like these.

=D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,would like to seek your opinions.I have no music background and would like to learn piano which i'm interested in.However it's not possible for me to have a piano at home and if i take up lessons outside,i can't really practice.I;ve thought about keyboard- able to own one,which is more practical if i were to compare the 2.But btw piano and keyboard,I would still prefer piano itself.

Which one do you think i shd learn?

Thanks!

Vanessa said...

Heya, sorry for the late reply, was out of the country for a few days. If you are keen to pursue music seriously, learning the piano would equip you with a much stronger musical foundation. If it is more for leisure, learning the keyboard would be enough. As long as you are able to read notes, you can eventually learn to play more difficult pieces.

I would also suggest you get a digital piano, Clavinova, if you are not able to have a classical one at home. It is the closest to the upright piano in terms of sound quality and key range and is a lot more affordable. It is about the size of an organ.

Personally, I chose to learn the piano because it really gives you the real music foundation but a lot of commitment and time is involved.

If you need more information, do email me. Hope this helps:)

Anonymous said...

hi vanessa thanks a lot for your reply!Doing up a little research cause i'm still a little confused. I've checked out the digital piano,Clavinova, over in youtube(and also piano,keyboard).Still can't decide on which. Am i able to say that if i take up keyboard,i can also play the piano(minus the feel of the keys) as long as i know how to read notes?Cause i realize some keyboard they have 88 keys and..68 keys?

I still have a couple of questions..will pop an email over.Thanks for your help despite your busy schedule!

Vanessa said...

No worries at all:) Yep! Do as much research as you can so that you'd have a better understanding. If you are gonna pursue it, it is a commitment.

A piano has 88 keys so it is always best to get the one with more keys. In this case, a Clavinova would be perfect because it is quite versatile and have some functions of the keyboard. It sounds like the classical piano too but the touch is not as sensitive of course.

A keyboard usually have 68 keys but I always find I am not able to play a number of songs on the keyboard, the range is simply not there. Yep, feel free to email me and I'll do my best to answer your questions or something. If I can't, I'll ask my piano teacher hehe:)