Sunday, December 06, 2009

Today, I completed my 2nd 10KM run for the year. Since this is the first time I am participating in the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon, I decided to start with a modest distance of 10KM.

Other than the CAAS Aviation 10KM run which I took part in last month, I have never completed this distance before. Despite being very slack with my training, I finished with a decent timing, about 65 minutes or so. Although I did not push myself that hard, I just kept going at a steady pace without stopping and only speed up significantly for the last 2KM.

My body had been surprisingly conditioned to run this distance and to challenge myself even more, I am going to take part in the half marathon next.

1 comment:

KinK said...

That makes for a double congrats Vanessa!

Train hard! It's gonna be a nice challenge the next time round, especially for the last 2km of the half marathon! =)

Cheers and have a great day ahead!