Saturday, March 12, 2005

Ever wake up, with a pounding headache, to a chorus of unified yapping so shrill that it jolts you out of bed? I have... and I'm super pissed. It happens EVERY other weekend. As if sleep deprivation ain't enough, I have to put up with this mental torture everyday... And what's worse, once I wake up, I cannot go back to sleep, so I spend the rest of the day in a zombified stupor. It's enough to make me feel murderous. If you're thinking of getting a dog, get one that doesn't bark a lot... you'll thank me for that piece of advice.

My mom threatens them with the cane... But being the brazen, kuai lan bitch that she is, Miko barks even louder. And the word 'walk' would drive the other dog, Nicky into an estatic frenzy, and he wouldn't stop barking until he gets his bloody walk. My mom has tried communicating to me in Mandarin, telling me that she intends to bring them for their walk, thinking that they wouldn't understand... The spooky thing is, Nicky does, I swear to God... I don't know how... We hardly even speak Mandarin at home, only English. So, the shrill barking would start, I'd be yelling at them to shut the fuck up and my mom would be running after them with the cane. Total chaos... I am surprised my neighbours are so tolerant... There is this annoying Maltese on the 4th level and I already feel like complaining, even though I love dogs... I can hear Nicky barking a few blocks away when he is having his walk... And when Nicky and Miko try to out do one another in their barking, I feel like I've been sent to hell and back. In close proximity, the barks can kill you slowly and surely... shattering even the calmest of nerves...

Fiak lah... I'm in a super freaking grouchy mood now...

No comments: