Friday, March 25, 2005

I am having butterflies in my stomach again, for no reason whatsoever but I guess I am just feeling happy. I am finally seeing results after all my hard work and I'll make sure I'll reach my goal in time to come, that is, if I manage keep up with this kinda discipline. To me, changing my lifestyle and my eating habits is not an obsession, but rather, improving the quality of my life. Ever since I starting eating healthily and exercising regularly, I've never felt better, more condident and more energetic. I have to undo all the damage I did to myself over the months hehe:) Of course, I won't deprive myself of the occasional glasses of red wine, everything is all about moderation, ain't it?:)

Anyhoo, I had a talk with my younger bro this morning. He said life is very tough now that he got posted into SISPEC, it is a school where soldiers get trained to be leaders. Correct me if I am wrong... He is so mentally and physically exhausted that he can't think properly and he told me he can only do things well if he is comfortable. I really emphathize with him but I also feel that it is good character development. I believe one can't be too sheltered. Not if they want to survive in this world, where people just aren't so kind. Life can be a real bitch sometimes and THAT is the reality. Gotta be tough in order not to get left behind in this rat race.

I told him that the problems we all thought were big when we were much younger, all seem so trivial now that we're all grown up. Now, we have a whole new set of responsibilities and so much more to worry about. It can get really crazy sometimes but I can say I am lucky. Lucky to be what I am now, have a family who cares for me, friends who are genuine and a b/f who loves me. Of course, my life is far from perfect, in fact, it is flawed in many ways but hey I am happy enough. I am happy with the way I turned out. Sure, it's human nature to not be satisfied and always hunger for more. These endless pursuits... all for what? So you can show the world how successful and how rich you are? I always say just be happy, that is all that matters coz life is just too short and the future is too uncertain. For me, just go with the flow, along the way,if you can prevent yourself from getting into shit, do it. If you can't get out of it, just move on and take it as a learning experience.

Enough of my rambling, all I wanna do now is to relax and go for a long run later in the evening... Looking forward to going to Copenhagen tonight.:)

No comments: