Thursday, March 03, 2005

For the first time in my life, I saw and touched actual snow... I didn't taste it though and I'm glad I didn't... My friend, Thomas told me to beware of yellow snow coz it has been pissed on...hehe:) What a thought! One of my colleagues made a snow ball and it really resembled those ice kacang balls our parents used to enjoy when they're young. It was just missing the coloured syrup and condensed milk:)

I enjoyed the feel of the soft brushes on snowflakes on my cheeks and hair, it was such a lovely experience! I was delirious in this white dream and I felt like a kid all over again, in awe and in another world, so far away from home... and I was.

Amsterdam, one of the nicest stations I've been to and it's my very first time as well. It's like this modern and quaint little town, with haphazard traffic very much like that in Bangkok and China, and taller than average, beautiful people. The Netherlands is a country where almost everything is legal.

I didn't get to visit the red light district which Amsterdam is famous for coz it got too cold but i will have my chance. I heard there're naked prostitutes on display at shop windows... something like that. It'll be quite and interesting sight eh?:) As usual, I was not warmly dressed enough for the cold, did not really do my shopping for warm clothing but I'm starting to so I can actually enjoy myself when I'm out in the cold...

Shall stop here tonight, will continue again tmr, have this sudden attack of exhaustion again... Later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard that they don't let you hang around and look at the prostitutes in Amsterdam. They'll make you pay if you sit there staring at the girls, so you have to walk through the red-light district without lingering.

Vanessa said...

Yeah that is true... one of my colleagues was telling me about it... He said just walk casually by and steal a glance and just walk on... haha:) Too bad I missed that...