Wednesday, March 23, 2005

It all ended well... but it started really badly when I was about to go to the airport. I was suddenly crippled by a gripping sensation in my stomach. It was so painful, I thought my tummy was gonna burst open. I could hardly stand up. As luck would have it, I had some medicine for stomach wind left over from the time I had food poisoning.

It helped a little but I still felt very uncomfortable. Anyway, it was also too late to report sick without getting a demerit point. Plus, it is the only flight I had to learn to work in business class before I am on my own. I was quite nervous and shaken. I am just so thankful it was my ex-colleague, Denise's team flight. I can't believe how nice her team mates are. I felt like I belonged to the team lol:) HOw come my own team doesn't make me feel comfortable? hehe:) That aside, we're all going into new teams next month. Keeping my fingers crossed. It's the first time that I'm doing a flight with Denise and it was just great! We were still as crazy as before hahaha:) It was her buddy's birthday so we celebrated it in the crew room with drinks and a game of truth or dare... My god, it was hilarious...! Everyone's dark secrets came out... Ooooh;p But it was all in good fun:)

Anyhoo, I had really good mentors who taught me a lot, very grateful to them all:) They trusted me enough to do the whole meal service so I'd experience what it is like. They said I did very well...yay!:) I have to give them all the credit... They gave me the confidence I never knew I had. With regards to poor examples of leaders in my earlier entries, they are the total opposite. Good leaders are the ones who guide and teach you to do things the best way that they can. Encouraging all the way. That is why I could do well. Imagine how disastrous it would be if I was being barked at from all sides. I would be shaking and stammering lol:) The only thingthat I am worried about is the ground preparation before the flight. Loads of things to do... and I might not be fast enough to complete it before passengers board. Still, I will do my best if I am given that work position.

I am feeling much better today, feeling more confident and just much happier and well-rested. I think I'd feel much better after a run, gonna run as much as I can today... It is just so liberating! I hope this happy mood lasts, I love feeling this way. Love it.

3 comments:

alhnom said...

Glad u're feeling better babe. Shall meet up with u soon, next week probably, since Julz back as well. *hug*

jpt said...

wooow.... so happy for u gal!!! hehehe.... at least ur first solo is fruitful n not scary.... =P
anw.... hope to see u soon n miss ya~!!! =)

Anonymous said...

I told ya you'd do fine. :) Why don't you have this confidence all of the time? You're a natural!