Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I'm on a mission to look absolutely fab by Christmas... Especially since I have off days on 24,25 and 26. Am I lucky or what? Heh:)

Am so looking forward to this, time to shake things up!

Met Daphne for the first time this year lol:) Yep, it was THAT long and we live in the same area. We used to attend French classes at Alliance Francaise together. She'd be seated across the room, facing me, however, we did not exchange a word or even a smile.

Then one day, when I'm on my way to the training centre, I saw her come up the bus with her hair in a bun and the full SIA make-up. (Yep, we had to adhere to the grooming guidelines while training) I immediately knew she was training to be a flight stewardess, just like myself. It's like duh? It's a no-brainer. No one would be mad enough to bun their hair and shock everyone with bright red lips and equally garish red nails that early in the morning. UNLESS, of course, you're a trainee at the SIA Training Centre.

Anyhoo, I thought she looked familiar but I cannot remember where I've seen her. Saw her around a few times but I did not think much about it.

Then when I was reporting for my 5th solo to Perth, she introduced herself to me. She would be on the same flight as a trainee. (We have to do 4 flights, 2 on each fleet, during our 4 month training stint) She remembered me from the French classes and we hit it off from there.

And now we're colleagues and friends, meeting up for a gym session at California Fitness and lunch at Marche. Thanks gal, I enjoyed your company and I had a great time!:)

I believe, that in your lifetime, you are meant to meet certain people and for a reason. I've met some people in ways that are out of the norm, that have made a major impact in my life. This includes my current boyfriend but that is another story for another time.:)

Life is so interesting isn't it? I am a firm believer of fate and going with the flow. Usually all the shit you go through in life will sort itself out, somehow. Things happen for a reason, but when it gets out of hand, it is up to us to be the master of our own fate.

4 comments:

Ranz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ranz said...

Hi Vanessa ,
Interesting entry .
Firstly , OMG , U already look so fab ! How much more fab U wanna look ?? Hee hee !
& U're so so right . In our lifetime , we'll meet people we're supposed to meet and we experience situations we're destined to face . And sometimes somethings just don't happen , no matter how hard we wish for them . Life is kindda funny eh ? Hee ! Sometimes I personally feel that life is one big joke . So , very importantly , we have to make ourselves as happy as possible , so as to ensure that we live our lives to the fullest with no regrets . Ya ?
Wishing U lotsa happy days ahead .
Cheers ..!

Elsa said...

it's always nice reading ur blog. every ordeal that we went through is another something we learnt to make us stronger than before.

we all keep learning each day, attaining to a higher level. afterall, we're only humans.

=) shine on..

Vanessa said...

Ranz: Thanks heh... but there's definately more room for improvement...

I'm done wishing for things that don't happen. Rather, I'll just live my life the best way I know how. Along the way, nice, unexpected surprises will come along. Maybe even better than what I have been wishing for and don't get. That's even better isn't it?:)

Thanks for leaving this comment, I wish you many happy moments too!

Left Behind: What you have just said, is exactly how I am living my life right now... through learning. I learn from other people's experiences, other than my own.

It is so fulfilling to talk to people and even awe-inspiring sometimes. I hope to be a better person everyday.

And I hope the same for you too:) Thanks for reading my blog!