Sunday, March 19, 2006

I have always been fascinated with animals ever since I was a little girl. I remember being enchanted by the Walt Disney classics such as The Lion King and Bambi so much that I could watch them over and over again and not ever get tired of it. I loved imagining myself in a small clearing and being surrounded by deers and all sorts of animals which coexist happily with one another.

On Friday, when I was in Perth, that childhood dream of mine came alive when we visited one of the wildlife parks! Oh my God, I was in absolute heaven when a motley collection of animals swarmed over to the 7 of us! And by that, I am talking about a seriously weird assortment of animals. There were lambs, sheep, the odd ram, deers (yes deers!!! OMG!!! There was even a stag mind you!), wallabies, emus, ostriches, geese, black swans and even an agressive turkey, just to name a few.

I was pleasantly surprised that they were all cohabiting good-naturedly together and extremely tame. The animals were all greedily eyeing the small bucket of dried food pellets that we had. I couldn't help smiling as I was feeding them and petting them at the same time, amused their antics.

I felt like an innocent child all over again... with no troubles in this world. I could have stayed there forever if the sun wasn't beating down so heavily. Of course, the main attraction was the koala bears but I really didn't care much for them. They are asleep 75% of the time and just not all that cute to me... ;p

The group of us then drove down to Leighton beach where we chilled at the beach and watched one of the guys kite-surf. Very impressive I must say... and it seemed to me a whole lot of dangerous fun. I even got to control the kite for awhile just for the experience, which I suspect, will probably be the only one in this lifetime heh;p

It was all so surreal... the cloudless blue sky merging seamlessly with the endless expanse of the turqoise sea. The sunset which turned the sky into myriad shades of purple was breath-taking to say the least. The night view from King's Park on the first night there also brought about a tranquility that transcended all the turbulent thoughts and emotions raging their war inside my head.

I relished in it all... The long drives, great company, conversations, not to mention the great food!:) I ate more than I should lah... Death by Chocolate, an apt name for a cake that made me feel like I have died and gone to heaven! It was a cake so rich, drenched with hot fudge and a scoop of ice-cream, that it was a sin just to look at it lol;p One mouthful of it was enough to send a wave of ecstasy through my being. I had that cake 2 nights in a row... :)

In my all my 2 years of flying, I have never had this much fun! I thoroughly enjoyed myself in Perth, all thanks to my friend and the good company I was with. Their hospitality was unrivaled and I am forever grateful for that. The gals that came with definately enjoyed themselves just as much:)

I didn't want it all to end but it did. Back to reality... But at least I'll have beautiful memories to keep for life.

:)

2 comments:

BBIguana said...

hi babe,
Guess u really enjoyed ur trip to perth this time round.. =) the person who kite surf izit ken?? hehehe.. :p As for the chocolate cake.. yum yum rite ??? :p hehehe...
next time when we meet share wif me more abt ur trip k?
take care..
Vinny ;)

alhnom said...

Pics to show? ;>