Monday, March 20, 2006

If you have no expectations, you can never have a disappointment.


This is some quote I found that very much summarizes my thoughts on this entry. I realized this a long time ago... The worst kind of disappointment usually comes from the expectations you have of others. Particularly people who have made an impact in your life. If they didn't, then it wouldn't matter, would it?

This is something I myself, am guilty of. I am aware of it and I am sorry to those who have been disappointed by me at any point of time.

I place myself in their shoes and try to understand. It is a feeling that you try to ignore but that gnawing disappointment refuses to go away. But, I know very well not to hold grudges because they are often blissfully unaware.

I have grown weary. I shall just stop having all these expectations, enough I say. It is not fair to be unhappy with people who have disappointed me without realizing that I have expectations of them.

Enough I say. I'll try a different approach. From now on, I'll just allow myself to be pleasantly surprised. Heh.

It is better this way, isn't it?

No comments: