Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My heart is heavy and I am still reeling from the shock and disbelief at the news. To begin, there was a massive power failure at the college today and we got an early release. On hindsight, it was a blessing in disguise, if not, we would not have known what had happened...

I heard about her even before joining the college. Having been here for some time, I have grown used to the familiar sight of her roaming about in Seletar. For many years, she has been the darling of the college and even til now, the courses who have graduated years back still have fond memories of her. Every new course that comes in would appoint a dog IC just to take care of her. Ah Girl, as she is affectionately known, possessed the gentlest soul I have ever known and there is not one mean bone in her body.

Then I heard the bad news... she was run over at the roundabout this morning. There was not much left of her and it was a gruesome and undignified death. Tears are welling up in my eyes as I am writing this entry. It was so sudden and horrifying that I cannot bring myself to believe it and I had seen her running about happily just 2 hours before.

She was very old and it would have been easier to accept if she had died a natural death. But not this. The dogs in Seletar were all howling in unison, as if they knew and were mourning her death.

That heartless, motherfucking bastard who ran her over, whoever he is, will get his retribution and I hope he will pay dearly.

The guys who were at the scene managed to get her body cremated. The loss will be greatly felt by everyone who has been touched by her. She was not just any dog, she was very special and there can never ever be a replacement. Ah Girl died today, 21 May 2008, may she find peace and everlasting happiness in doggy heaven.

4 comments:

hoongji said...

i am utterly shocked and sad to know this news. ah girl has been living in my house and accompanied me throughout my stay in seletar. while some of the mates chased her out from their houses, sometimes i did let her in to sleep on the couch during cold and rainy days. she would be running around trying to get affections and pettings. when i was stressed up and buried in my ATPL books, she would come once in a while to break me free from the stress.

RIP ah girl. you'll always be remembered.

Vanessa said...

I am glad to have had her touch my life, even if it is for a short period of time. She will definately be in our hearts forever.

Anonymous said...

sigh... i remember dropping by seletar a few times over the weekend to feed her, as well as the times when I had to drag her to the bath. She was a wonderful dog.

Ranz said...

*Sobs* , that is very very tragic . I really hope she did not suffer much . :'(
Even though I don't know her , I'm sure she'll be very happy at the Rainbow Bridge now , knowing that there's so many people who love and miss her .
And I firmly believe that all dogs go to heaven k ? *hugs*
RIP Ah Girl .