Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I woke up this morning and ran for a 20 min run on an empty stomach... I was running at 82% of my maximum heart rate... Short and effective workout at a higher intensity level. Great when you have too many things to do but want your daily exercise.

Anyway, this entry is not about the merits of a healthier lifestyle, it's another one of those 'I don't believe this is happening to me' entries... Anyhoo, I made and appointment for a facial... as usual it was raining so I had to take a longer route to the beauty salon.

I must emphasize this. I hate it to rain and I hate carrying an umbrella. After the Bintan trip, I hate the rain with even more vengence, coz the rain brings nasty jellyfishes closer to the shore where they can attack unsuspecting people and cause them immense pain. I don't wanna sound like an ungrateful bitch... I know people in other parts of the world are just praying and praying for rain and not getting any while here I am in good ol' Singapore, getting plenty of rain and hating it.

So i was walking as quickly as I can in the rain, among the HDB blocks when my sandals gave way. There was no way I could continue walking in them coz the front part of it just tore open. I had to remove the heels and run barefoot to a void deck. I was cursing and swearing under my breath and contemplating what to do next. No one could come to my rescue and I was too far away from the shopping centres to get a new pair. I was practically stranded man... God damn it! Felt helpless, but only for awhile. I decided to run out to the main road, heels in one hand and barefoot and try and get a cab. I didn't have to run very far coz a cab came out of nowhere and stopped for me.

Let me tell you, this is deja vu man... the exact same thing happened to me not too long ago... Except the first time, I was in Chinatown. Fucking embarrassed can... Lesson learnt: Never get sandals where the front part are two pieces of leather sewn over a metal piece in the centre. I reached the beauty salon and it's such a coincidence that they had a pair of nice heels, my size and matching my outfit. They belong to the lady boss's niece and they let me borrow it. Damn lucky man... but wah lau... don't wanna go through that ordeal again. Sheeeeesh...

The day ended well though, had a nice, long relaxing facial and I met up with Hui Ling for dinner and shopping. She was great company as always:) Overall, the day ended pleasantly, may tomorrow be a better day...

2 comments:

jpt said...

gal ah... how come ur sandals always give way to u one??... haha... anw... u r lucky that u met your "saviour" at the beauty saloon... =)

anw.. hows ur jellyfish sting? getting better yet? should heal already right?... =)

*hugs*

Vanessa said...

Hey gal!

Yeah man... no luck with sandals hehe:)

Yep, the sting is much better now but still have red lines across my fingers, like a henna tattoo... doesn't hurt anymore... thanks for your concern babe:)

*hugz*