Friday, May 13, 2005

Sheer coincidence? I think Friendster's daily horoscope is eeriely accurate, of course I don't live my life based on daily forecasts but it's interesting if whatever happened during the day coincides with it.


Friendster Horoscope for May 13, 2005
Gemini (May 21 - Jun 21)


Today's Forecast

Congratulations. You've just been awarded the trust and respect of a certain higher-up who's known for being extremely picky about that sort of thing. Now go do some celebrating. You've earned this.

The Bottom Line

Make a list -- pros and cons, to-do, whatever. Then stick with it until it's done.

In Detail

There's no time like the present to give yourself a little pat on the back. You're not usually prone to that sort of thing, but your friends will be downright insistent that you at least do some celebrating, so you might as well give in. Of course, they'll also want to be invited along for the ride -- and why not? What fun would a celebration be without a whole pack of fans to provide you with the applause you know you deserve?


Oh and I got this mood analysis link off Jess's blog, I think it pretty much describes my life right now, pretty impressive.

You are constantly trying to make a favorable impression and endeavoring to be considered as that someone 'special'. You are pretty good at using various tactics and strategies that give the impression that you are in control. Maybe you are - but you are constantly watching to see whether or not your endeavors are truly appreciated. Be careful... just as 'you' may be endeavoring to influence others, 'they' may indeed be influencing you.

Which ever way you turn you feel that you are being utterly thwarted. There is considerable conflict in the air but you will stick to your beliefs and not be deterred in endeavouring to attain your objectives.

You are a very choosy person - demanding and exacting in your emotional demands and very particular in your choice of partner. You are self-sufficient and as a result of this overbearing nature you find it difficult to establish any depth of deep physical or mental involvement with members of the opposite sex.

As of late, you have been experiencing untold stress and this is a result of continuous frustration. You haven't been taking care of all your physical needs and it's beginning to show. It would seem that you have a need to find someone to whom you can really relate - someone perhaps whose standards are as high as your own. You want to be different - to be individualistic - to stand out from the common herd. Your inherent control of your sensual instincts is restricting your ability to give yourself to open up freely but this being on your own, being lonely, often makes you feel the need to give up some of your strict standards to surrender to the general flow - to be like everyone else; a part of the herd. Deep down you regard such instincts as weaknesses to be overcome. You would like to be loved or admired for yourself alone. You demand recognition and tender loving care.

You are putting on a show - a facade. You are a master of demonstrating considerable charm in the hope that this can or will lead to better things. Deep down you are fearful that this may not work and that you may have to employ other strategies in order to realize all your ambitions.


Well, enough of forecasts, analysis and predictions for now. Let's talk about yesterday. It was a long, long day.

I met up with Sabrina, who used to be from Nanyang Polytechnic, she's with Prudential now and I wanted to know more about financial planning and investment. We were only mere acquaintences back in school so we did not get to talk much. Anyhoo, we met up at Raffles Place for lunch and ended up talking for over an hour. Bottom line is, people in general tend to have a certain perception of me when I don't open my mouth to talk or if they see me from afar. Once, they get to talk to me face to face, their final perception of me is totally different. It is almost always the case. However, people tend to be more forgiving when they have a negative impression of you initially and change their opinion later than when it's the other way round.

While Sabrina and I were walking to Burger King, this fair Indian guy in business attire suddenly came up to me and asked if I was at Hyatt Hotel a few days back. I told him he must have mistaken me for someone else. To cut things short, he wanted my contact number but I took his namecard instead.

Went to Wala Wala at Holland Village for dinner and met Hui Ling at Thumper. We were waiting for my friend to go down to Onyx. We were standing at the bar when two men came to talk to us. Must be that Hui Ling lah, attracting all that men and dragging me into it hahaha:) I was feeling damn anti-social, didn't feel like entertaining them but I did so, out of politeness. I am only rude if someone pisses the hell out of me.

We headed down to Velvet after that coz Onyx was not open. Again, the good looking charms of Hui Ling snared the attention of this Caucasion so had to make small talk again. He was pretty impressive though, he could speak better Chinese than me can? I felt so god damn ashamed of myself. I believe he could survive a flight to Bei Jing, unscathed. That is, if he doesn't have a nit-picking, petty crew-in-charge breathing down your neck...

We headed down to Happy, damn cool place and great decor but the music can be better heh. I wasn't really in the mood to party anyway so i was pretty quiet. I'm experiencing conflicting emotions now. Matters of the heart. Should I or should I not? Sometimes it's better to just fuck it lah and not think so much. But on the other hand, may not be so wise. As Judy put it so simply, if you fall, just pick yourself up again. I love that gal man... she's definately one of my positive influences:)

Heading down to Dbl O tonight to celebrate Jeannie's birthday. Hope the music's worth dancing to, update later!

1 comment:

alhnom said...

fingers wriggling a little,
wrist bending in and out a little.
i'm getting better.. :)

i picked myself after i fell, literally...

dun be afraid to fall, babe, more so for LOVE! life's way to short...

Plus its definitely better to regret something u did, than to regret something u didn't do!

think abt it.