Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I woke up this morning and I simply had to go for a run to lift the heaviness in my heart. I ran myself to the ground, not quite literally, but I ran and ran. I could have gone on for much longer but I stopped after 1 hour.

During this time, I immersed myself in music and I talked to God. I think I zoned out there and then, it was as if I got spirited to a place faraway. Then I felt much better... As I always do after a run and a heartfelt prayer.

The best decisions are not always the easiest to make. Oh hell no, not at all. But it has to be done and so I did. When I look far ahead, I can see that there is no place for me in that future. Because it is not just some temporary issue that will run its course, it is going to be a long-drawn-out affair that will be neverending. I understand that and I know that time waits for no man and that, this is perhaps, the best time.

When things are too good to be true, it usually is. Time will not bring back magical moments once it has passed but I am glad I cherished it and revelled in it. I basked in the glow of happiness there and then. It may be fleeting but at least I have plenty of these wondrous moments that make me feel blessed.

So with that being said and settled, I am at peace with myself. I am not going to bury myself in the pits of misery because I have faith that I am guided to do what is right. To be too independent is not necessarily a good thing sometimes but at least it minimizes the potential shit-loading in my life.

All is good and all is well. People around me are happy and my love and goodwill goes out to them. It may not be my turn now but the best is yet to come. I thank God for each and every individual who has touched my life, brought joy and laughter and put a smile on my face. There are blessings aplenty and I know things will re-align themselves to a harmonious union once more.

No comments: