Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Today was weird, I was taking the train to town today when I saw a sight that I'd seen in documentries on monkey behavior. You know how monkeys like to groom one another... removing ticks and picking at each other's fur, combing out knots with their fingers and stuff? You get the picture...

So anyway, there was this couple which I was idly observing. The girlfriend was closely examining her boyfriend's head while he was msging away on his phone. Then she plucked out a stray white hair, and then another and placed them on his lap, quite oblivious to the stares they were getting. She looked like she was digging for gold. The boyfriend finished his msging and proceeded to pick up the few strands of hair that were on his lap and examined them in the sunlight.

What the fuck?

Is it just me, or is this the norm? I only know that it is the first time in all my 22 years witnessing something like that. I believe there is a time and place for everything. If people want to do things like plucking each other's hair or picking at each other's faces, shouldn't it be done in the privacy of their own home?

It is just taking public displays of affection to a grosser level. Eeeks...

I had a pleasant day with my babe, Nicole today. It was time well spent as usual:) Any time spent with any of my favourite people is worth it, no matter how tired I may be. We went to the gym, had dinner and went shopping:)

Oh I watched Land of the Dead yesterday. It was an improptu decision to catch a movie after flight. The movie is one of the worst I've ever seen. There is no freaking storyline and had a lot of loose ends that were left untied. It is just basically about zombies who gain an awareness about them and learn how to use weapons and they go around on a mass bingeing spree. It's just crap, damn it sucked so bad, I'm speechless. And it wasn't even my idea to watch it.

Off to bed now, I have a long day tomorrow. Goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe there were hidden cameras around the couple and your reaction to them will be on TV.

Vanessa said...

Haha:) Didn't think of that, but it won't matter anyway because I had no expression on my face:)