Sunday, January 15, 2006

Having attended the Sunday service at the Covenant church with Judy earlier on, I must say I came out feeling a a little different... Kinda like coming out of the theatre after watching Elizabethtown. A little surreal, yet powerfully thought-provoking. I experienced that again today.

The sermon delivered was something that would apply to everyone seated in that hall, but yet, as an individual, I felt that it was about me. Like i was being counselled one to one. Strange isn't it? After coming back from Brisbane, i suddenly made the decision to attend church, after so long. Then I started thinking, again, it hit me, the whole sequence of events that has been happening in my life all leads to one another. I'm kinda baffled but somehow it felt right, as if I'm following a path that has been laid out...

I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that this will be a year of change. It is getting more evident by the day. Change... "People don't change... by themselves". These words are not my own but the pastor's. So damn true... but am I ready for that change? I'd better be and I want to be ready, with faith and inspiration enamating from every fragment of my soul. (So drama lol;p) Sure there'll be crosswords along the way, pick one and make the best out of it. It will all work out, it always does...

Here's a start:

- Embrace an even more healthy lifestyle give up smoking

- More focus and awareness in everything I do. Saying goodbye to the fogged-up,
and distracted mind of yesteryears

- Two words. Double Ds'. Not the bra cup size but drive and determination. Seize
opportunities and grapple them by the horns, while;

- Taking things one at a time... I am too impatient... if I want something,
I usually want it NOW. Gotta change that, good things happen to those who wait.
All in good time... I repeat, all in good time

- Appreciate and enjoy everything that I have now, yes, I will stop and smell the
roses along the way

- Understand and accept that if things don't go the way I want them to, there is
a reason for it

- Sit that ass down and practice piano!

- Attend church whenever I'm off on Sundays

So there you go. These changes are gonna be a part of my life and I'd be happy to like to listen, exchange thoughts and share them with the people around me.

Gonna go for that run now:) Til I get back...

1 comment:

alhnom said...

my dearest babe, it was a joy attending Covenant with you.

i cant find the right words to express how great it feels to have u beside me singing and worshipping together.

and im so glad u're thinking and seeing things a lot clearly. and its really heartwarming to know i had a part to play.

join me next sunday? cant wait =)